Protecting your personal information is a top priority for DuraLabel. This Privacy Statement describes how DuraLabel collects and uses information of all types, including personally identifiable information you may provide on our websites, through the use of our software, internet applications, advertisements, and on third-party websites. It also describes the choices available to you regarding DuraLabel’ use of such information and the steps you can take to access, view, and alter this information.
How We Collect and Use Your Information
DuraLabel Programs and Services
DuraLabel customers and visitors who interface with our web applications, software products, customer service staff and other support services ("Services”) often provide various types of information. Such information may be generic but may also include personally identifiable information (e.g. name, address, e-mail address, company information, and payment information). DuraLabel uses this information to facilitate our superior customer service, product offerings, and product support.
We use this information to provide you with customer support, and to communicate regularly with you about your purchases and inquiries. While providing you with customer support (including through the live chat feature on our website) we may also gather additional information from you. From time to time we will offer you the opportunity to receive information about DuraLabel services or those offered by our affiliates. From time to time DuraLabel will co-sponsor products, services, and related advertisements with third-party affiliates. Information gathered in this context may be shared with these third-party affiliates consistent with the purposes described above.
We use information submitted through our website or collected through email or hard copy surveys to analyze the characteristics of our customers and improve our services. We will occasionally provide anonymized, aggregated statistics about our Customers in reports made available to them, to third parties, or to the general public.
If you sign up for DuraLabel newsletters, webinars, emails, or other communications, or if you contact us generally, we will collect your contact information to fulfill your request. To unsubscribe from our digital communications, follow the unsubscribe link that appears at the end of each communication.
Consumer Opinion Surveys
We occasionally conduct online consumer surveys to learn about your views on products and services. We use the survey data for research and to improve our services. Any information we collect in these surveys, including personal information, is utilized consistent with the purposes described above.
- Help you navigate our website
- Facilitate the sign up and login process for our services
- Personalize your experience
- Analyze which pages site visitors visit
- Provide website features like social sharing widgets and videos
- Measure advertising and promotional effectiveness
We track user actions on our site including but not limited to user authentication information and product level interaction that allow us to provide a full range of customer service and support for site users. The content/cookie tracking timeframes are varied according to content; in some cases lasting only until the end of a single site visit and for others into perpetuity or until cookies are cleared by user.
Some cookies may be placed by a third party service provider who performs some of these functions for us.
You can control the way cookies are handled on your computer through your web browser's settings. These settings vary from one browser to the next, so you may need to read help documentation to find the necessary controls. Here are the steps for some common browsers:
Disabling or deleting cookies may cause some websites, including ours, to have limited functionality.
Information Automatically Collected By Our Site
As is true of most web sites, we gather web server log file information automatically such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We use this information to administer our website, to understand how visitors navigate through our site, and to enhance user-experience consistent with the above described objectives.
Another tool utilized by DuraLabel is DL Analytics. In addition to standard website analytics, browser data, visitor preference, etc., DuraLabel provides a number of software solutions which, when coupled with our world-class printer hardware, create an intuitive and streamlined user experience. In an effort to provide our customers with an ever-improving toolbox of safety solutions, DuraLabel has implemented a software analytics tool to monitor and fix problems, improve user interface, and ensure that each customer’s needs are being met.
DL analytics is a tool that DuraLabel will use to, review user preference for various software modules, monitor supply needs, quickly provide solutions to hardware and software problems, to ascertain average usage times of a number of software programs, provide real-time feedback for sales and support, and allow DL to provide customized customer service. Continued use of this software establishes your consent and acceptance of the above terms.
How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may provide your personally identifiable information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities and with whom we have existing business relationships. These services include business purposes such as research and analytics, hosting, transaction and payment processing, promotion administration, fraud prevention, identity management, acquisition and other services. These third parties are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide these services to us or to pass on their co-sponsored products or services to you.
We may also disclose your personally identifiable information:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process to the extent we are legally permitted to do so. We will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of the legal process.
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a written government request.
- if DuraLabel becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets to any other third party.
We will share your personally identifiable information with third parties in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement or in ways that are consistent with the essential limitations described. We do not otherwise sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
The tables below provide a consolidated view of the information we collect and the purposes for which we use such information. Further detail about each of the purposes is set out in the “Additional Information on Purposes” table below.
Information you provide to us:
|Categories of personal information we collect||Purposes of use|
Contact information and account registration
For example: name, email, postal address, telephone number, account user name and password, business contact information, and any information you may provide to us at an event or in person.
Identification and demographics
For example: job-title, customer NAICS code, date of birth, language preference, photos, social media credentials, info for contacts or referrals you provide.
For example: credit/debit card details, purchase history, delivery address, credit inquiry data, open order amounts, DBA, etc.
For example: photos, videos, audio, and other information you may submit to us, such as comments on our forums, reviews, and other forms of feedback.
Research and feedback
For example: comments you send us through online forms and social media platforms, email, phone, mail, or surveys.
Audio and video
For example: audio recordings of a customer service call or security video footage if you visit one of our properties.
Information we collect automatically from you and/or your device:
|Categories of personal information we collect||Purposes of use|
Device information and identifiers
For example: IP address, cookie IDs, browser type and language, operating system, platform type, device type, advertising and app identifiers, usage statistics, printer settings, user preferences, customer ID, product ID, etc.
Connection and Usage
For example: domain names, browsing activity, scrolling and keystroke activity, advertisements viewed, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email, content you view and duration, quality of the service and interaction with the content, logs, and other similar information. If these events occur while you are offline, they may be logged and uploaded to us when you next connect.
For example: city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address or derived through Wi-Fi triangulation.
We will ask for your permission before using your precise location (if ever) from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices.
Additional information we collect from varied sources:
|Categories of personal information we collect||Purposes of use||Source of Information|
Information from public and commercial sources
For example: demographic including at an entity level or private person, contact information, inferences about your preferences, purchasing data.
Social Media information
For example: if you interact with us through a social media service or log in using social media credentials, depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that social network such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, your comments about our Services, and the people/sites you follow.
Business contact information
For example: company name, your name, email address, and job.
Build and manage business relationships
Due diligence information
For example: contact information, nationality, job title, age, date of birth, gender, country of residence, employment and education information, public, political or trade regulation roles, personal and professional affiliations, trade limitations or restrictions
Compliance and risk management activities for business relationships
Additional information on purposes of use
Provide DL Services, for example:
- Responding to your requests or inquiries, including technical support.
- Sending you service-related communications.
- Providing payment services and offers.
- Displaying content you generate, such as video and comments.
- Carrying out research and analytics for uses including improving our Services and developing new ones.
- Processing your information for promotional campaigns such as sweepstakes and contests, and for surveys, online and offline panels and focus groups.
Personalize your experience, for example:
- Providing you with customized product experience, including personalized newsletters, viewing and other content recommendations from DL, our partners and other organizations.
- Providing you with advertising based on your activities and interests including at an entity and/or employee level
- Creating and updating profiles and customer segments that can be used for analytics, interest-based advertising and marketing on DL Services, printers, third party services and platforms, mobile apps and/or websites, connected devices and offline.
- Using inferences about your preferences and interests for any and all of the above purposes.
Send marketing communications (with consent if required), for example:
Sending you newsletters, surveys and information about products, services and promotions offered by DL.
Provide a seamless experience across platforms and devices, for example:
- Identifying you when you log into DL Service on multiple devices or web browsers to provide continuity and to match your interests across devices for the purposes of analytics, advertising, reporting and to improve the Services.
- Identifying you if your devices have attributes suggesting that they may be used by the same individual or business entity for purposes of analytics, advertising, reporting and to improve the Services.
Build and manage business relationships, for example:
- Pursuing potential business opportunities, including identifying and contacting the correct person within the company.
- Sending communications for business purposes.
- Sending event invitations, marketing emails and campaigns, and tracking the effectiveness of such communications, providing business contacts with access to our systems, and managing that access.
Market and advertise for third parties, for example:
- Send you newsletters, promotional emails, surveys and information about products, services, and promotions offered by our partners and other organizations with which we work.
- Customize content that our third-party partners deliver on the Services (e.g. personalized third-party advertising).
- Create and update inferences about you and customer segments that can be used for interest-based advertising and marketing on the Services, third party services and platforms, and mobile apps.
- Create profiles about you, including adding and combining information we obtain from third parties.
- Matching your interests across devices, which may be used for third-party marketing and advertising on DL Services, printers, third party services and platforms, mobile apps and/or websites, connected devices and offline.
Compliance and risk management activities for business relationships, for example:
- Compliance with laws and regulations.
- Managing third party and other risks to our business.
- Protecting the reputation of our businesses.
- Following the principles of ethical business conduct, data privacy, customer care, etc. that DL and its third party affiliates are required to abide by.
Protect our users, Services and properties, for example:
- Protecting the safety and security of users of DL Services.
- Protecting our digital and physical properties.
- Detecting and preventing other activities that may be illegal or in violation of our Terms of Service for that respective DL Service.
Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
The laws of some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, require companies to tell you about the legal basis for using, sharing, or disclosing your information. To the extent those laws apply, we may rely on the following legal bases:
Performance of a contract: where use of your information is necessary to provide you with DL Services under a contract, for example the relevant Terms of Service.
Legitimate interest: where use of your information is necessary for our or others legitimate interests and where the use is not outweighed by your rights and interests. Below are some examples of such interests:
- Providing DL Services.
- Improving our Services and developing new ones.
- Recognizing and better understanding our users, including across platforms.
- Conducting security and fraud prevention activities.
- Marketing and promoting our content and services.
- Building and managing business relationships.
- Conducting compliance and risk management activities.
- Providing and managing access to our systems.
Legal obligation: where use of your information is necessary to comply with laws and regulations such as those relating to anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money-laundering, complying with requests from government bodies or courts, or responding to litigation.
With consent: we may ask for your consent to process your information in a certain way. Where we rely on this basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Accessing and Updating your Personally Identifiable Information
To review and update your personally identifiable information to ensure it is accurate, contact us.
DuraLabel will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personally identifiable information we maintain within 30 days of your access request. We provide this access so you can review it, make corrections or request deletion of your data. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will tell you when we will provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
If you have questions or concerns, we want to hear about them. We encourage you to use DuraLabel' Customer Service e-mail to report and resolve concerns or privacy complaints you may have regarding DuraLabel and its affiliates. From those inquiries we may collect your name, email, and location. We also request you provide a detailed description of your concern. Any additional personally identifiable information you provide will be used to investigate your complaint and to send you follow-up communications.
DL provides its services to businesses across the globe. To the extent that DL concentrates its business and service offerings on other businesses (not consumers) some or all of the below may not apply.
Depending upon where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. For example, under local laws, including in the European Union, you may be able to ask us to:
- Provide access to certain information we hold about you, in some cases in a portable format, if technically feasible.
- Update or correct your information.
- Delete certain information.
- Restrict the use of your information.
We will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations.
Some DL Services can only be provided if we have your information, therefore deletion of your information may result in termination of such Services.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including authenticating you through an email address and utilizing known contact information. Since data security and privacy are at the purpose for which these laws are written, we may require extensive documentation including account password, user ID, historical invoice data, corporate documentation, powers of attorney, and the like before granting access to your information.
If you are based outside the U.S. and would like to exercise any individual right you may have please contact us through our contact form. Please include “My Rights” in the subject line and provide a clear explanation of which right you are exercising and your country of residence in the body of the email.
Your rights and our responses will vary based on your state or country of residency. Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled.
If you have any unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” (California Residents only)
DL does not engage in individual consumer-based sales or marketing. Additionally, it does not “sell” data as that word is reasonably defined. California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookies, IP address and/or browsing behavior. California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information.
Depending on what Services you use, we may share certain information (below) which may be considered a sale (as defined by California law):
- Identification and demographics; device information and identifiers, such as IP address, and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; connection and usage information, such as browsing history or app usage; geolocation information, such as city; and inference data.
If (as an individual or representative of an individual) you would like to opt out of DL's use of your information for such purposes (to the extent this is considered a sale), you may do so using this form or by calling 888-532-6787.
DL does not engage in the following activity with regard to consumer customers, however, Nevada law requires us to post the following: certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
If you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from DL, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Nevada Do Not Sell” in the subject line. Note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
Providing security for the personally identifiable information you submit via our Site is a priority for DuraLabel. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to; or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction; of your personally identifiable information. We use Secure Socket Layering (SSL) Encryption to encrypt the transmission of data on the DuraLabel payment and login pages. Please be aware, however, that no transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure. You should, therefore, always use caution when submitting personally identifiable information online.
Links to Other websites
This Privacy Statement applies to DuraLabel web services only. If our Site includes links to other web sites and you submit personally identifiable information to any of those sites, your information is subject to their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any web site you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. If we change this privacy statement in ways that affect how we use your personally identifiable information, we will make reasonable efforts to advise you of choices you may have as a result of those changes. We will also post a notice on our home page that this Privacy Statement has changed. We invite you to remain up-to-date regarding how your information is shared.